Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fuel Matters

I had a crappy workout today. At least, it felt like a crappy workout. I didn't push myself as hard as I have been (it was relatively easy, by Tony's standards - 10 min warmup, several shoulder exercises, followed by 15 min on the treadmill).

Why was it crappy? Because I was low on fuel.

Today was Devon's first day of Kindergarten and it completely threw me off. First, I had to go to the Kindergarten orientation from 9 to 10:30. I didn't eat beforehand, so didn't have my first meal until close to 11. It was a clean and healthy one - egg whites with ff cheese and broccoli and oatmeal w/flax and sf syrup. Then, I had a whey protein shake on my way to pick up Devon, and then thought I would workout, have a Myoplex shake at about 2:30, then have my big salad at about 4:30, then eat dinner at 6:30. Well, the bus was an hour late. So, we didn't get to the gym until 3:15 and didn't get home until 4:30. I had my Myoplex shake and now just have to wait until dinner. I can't wait until dinner. Mmmmm ... meatloaf and zucchini squash... mmm... I may even have my salad, too.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the fact that low fuel = low energy, but I am surprised at how much I dislike having a subpar workout. I couldn't even hardly RUN!

So, tomorrow is another day. I'm about to break into the 180s and cannot wait. I'm so glad my fire is still burning strong. I will not stop until I hit 150!

Take care, y'all.

2 comments:

GClef1970 said...

Remember the ol' BFL addage: your 10 is your 10 for that day. If that's all you had to give and you gave it your all, you're okay.
But hey - why 5 meals? And, you only have to wait 1 hour to eat after your pws. Didn't know if T told you that.

Yvette said...

Some days just don't go right, but keep on going. Sounds like you gave it your all and I like what Melissa said. Just think if your in that situation again, what would fix that? Maybe keep a shake with you, or an extra meal *just in case* I know when I mess my meals up I barely make it though my workout :s