Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Leaping hurdles

Another day of hurdles...and I leapt over every one. Today, I took my daughter out to breakfast, and I made healthy choices - I opted for rye toast instead of oatmeal, but I got no butter and ignored the little nasty voice that was reminding me I could have a bagel with cream cheese or a short stack...no one would know.

Then, on to lunch. Devon ordered mini turkey burgers with cheddar cheese and fries. I felt like I was rocking it by ordering a single crabcake and the salad bar with light ranch dressing. (Tony told me later that the crab cake was not the best choice, but oh, well.) When you keep in mind the fact that my daughter was offering me a french fry every five minutes (and yes, they were the yummy Ruby Tuesday over-seasoned kind), I'm pretty proud of myself for what I ate.

I could go on and on about the things Devon offered me and the things that little nasty voice suggested I might eat when no one was paying attention. But the only thing that matter is this:

I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to eat today. Not one single bite.

So, will the scale finally move? Who knows? Who cares? I'm getting through day after day learning more about my ability to just face down the stupid temptations and the voices in my head that lure me toward them.

In other news, Tony has authorized a cheat for me this coming Sunday. He issues a dictum - cardio on both Saturday and Sunday in preparation for it - and he also said that next week, it's back to BOOT CAMP. He will be sending me a meal plan and said that I'm expected to follow it to the letter, weighing and measuring every single bite. Okay - I was going to complain about that, but he also told me long ago that I need to be positive about it. So, I'm looking forward to it and I'm going to ROCK the cheat meal in preparation. And I know his boot camp is going to skyrocket me solidly into the 150s, so that's worth it right there.

Oh, and one last thing? I went to Ann Taylor to try on some overpriced clothes and brought size 10 and size 12 pants into the dressing room. SIZE 10, EVERYONE! Officially size 10 in EVERYTHING - oh, except shirts...in which I am a solid size 8! WOO HOO!

That's it for me! More tomorrow (or soon)!

No comments: