Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 2 of My Recommitment

A good day, I think. After dinner, I made the decision to have 6 meals today, instead of 5, with two whey protein shakes after dinner, spaced a couple hours apart. I was really hungry this evening, so I figured I needed the calories. Here’s how today went:

30 minute run

M1: 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites, 1/2 c oatmeal with 1/4 c sugar free syrup and 1 T flax oil

45 minute chest workout

M2: Myoplex lite shake w/glutamine

M3: 4 oz ground turkey w/1T organic ketchup, 1 c. steamed asparagus

M4: 5 oz chicken breast, 1 c cauliflower, 3 c salad w/light ranch dressing

M5: whey protein shake w/1 T sugar free pudding

M6: whey protein shake w/1 T sugar free pudding

Total calories: 1,492

4 liters of ACV water.

Some real successes today – not a single addition that isn’t listed here – thought about adding fat-free cheese here or there, didn’t. Watched a movie with my girls and made them microwave popcorn and DID NOT EAT A SINGLE KERNEL. Ordered pizza and curly fries (at their request) for the girls and did not eat a SINGLE BITE. I’m in touch today with the fact that I cannot afford a single compulsive bite. So, I avoid it like a poison. And so far, SO SO SO GOOD!

Oh, and did I mention I have stayed away from the scale, too? YEAH, baby! Two days and counting.

4 comments:

GClef1970 said...

Good job! A thought: Try using just a tablespoon of the sf syrup instead of the entire 1/4 cup. I used to use the entire 1/4 c alloted serving too until I was just about out one day. I didn't even notice the difference. And, it will lower your calories (and give you more room to add good calories).

Liimu said...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm gonna pass on this one. I have tried it, and it really is not the same to me. Plus, the whole 1/4 cup only has 35 calories, so what would I save myself? 20 calories? I'd rather run an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill.

:)

April said...

I'm just jealous that you get the syrup. No syrup or SF pudding for me :( It's really the small things you cut that make a TON of difference!

Liimu said...

Well, I promised myself when I started this process that I wouldn't eat anything that tasted nasty. Oatmeal tasted nasty without it. So, it's a compromise. If it takes a little longer this way, I'm okay with that.that being said, Tony would definitely prefer I leave it out.