Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 3, Recommitment

Hey, everyone,

First, thank you so much to all you guys for reading and offering your words of encouragement, support and advice. I really do appreciate it! Second, I want to assure you that I am sticking very close to Tony and my OA sponsor to ensure that I'm not slipping back into a scenario where I'm calling the shots, which is not a healthy situation, nor is it one that leads to success.

So, today life happened - I made a stupid decision to have Vitamin Water while I was sitting in 90 degree heat at my daughter's soccer practice. I didn't want to bring ACV water because I'd already had 3 liters and they don't have port-a-potties. But I should have known that with that heat I would be HOT. So, I'll know next time just to get plain old water. What a waste of calories!

Also, for those who don't know me - I am a RUNNER! I ran the Philadelphia Marathon back in 2005 and ever since, I have run two races every year - the Broad Street 10-Mile Run in May and the Philadelphia Distance Run or the Philadelphia Half Marathon in the Fall (13.1 miles). This keeps me trained, I love to do it, and I lead a running group of more than a dozen women and I help them become runners, too. As a non-athlete my whole life, it was a freakin' miracle to me that I was able to become a runner just by finding a plan, sticking to it, and having someone help keep me accountable. I will probably be a runner for the rest of my life.

That being said, I have been close in touch with Tony about this, too. He knows I am a runner and am training for a long-distance race and he's supportive. If this means I have a body that's more likely to grace the cover of Runner's World than Oxygen three or six months from now, that's fine with me. I have to do what feels right in my heart and have to continue to be the best me I can be. Not try to be anyone else. Oh, and before anyone says anything, YES, I cleared the extra meal with Tony himself. :) I still ended up under 1600 calories and burned over 900, according to Fitday.com.

Definitely still in weight-loss mode and light years beyond where I've been for the past few months. So, here's how my day went today. I had a GREAT day:

M1: vanilla whey protein shake w/glutamine and ¼ c. blueberries
55 minute run, 5 mile run
M2: 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites, 1/2 c oatmeal with 1/4 c sugar free syrup and 1 T flax oil
75 minute triceps workout
M3: Myoplex lite shake w/glutamine
1 bottle vitamin water
M4: 4 oz ground turkey w 1T ff cheese, 1 c. steamed asparagus
M5: whey protein shake w/1 T sugar free pudding
M6: 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites, w/mushrooms and 1 T ff cheese
M7: 2 jumbo stuffed mushrooms w/1 T ff cheese, green beans
Tea w/stevia and soy creamer

1 comment:

Michael Horvath said...

Wow, your diet is extraordinary. I sure am glad I don't hafta watch my calories like that. 2 diets in my life were enough for me.