Monday, April 27, 2009

Another amazing achievement!

So, today I undertook a huge project - going through my closet and the closets of my three daughters to make sure all the clothes that were out of season (e.g., fall/winter), too small, too worn or just corny were taken out. I also spent $250 at Ross supplementing our wardrobes, as needed.

Some amazing things happened. First, I confirmed that I am a size 10. I'm a size 10 in a Calvin Klein suit and a medium to a small in shirts. Wild. I've never been a small in my life. Now here's the kicker.

I get home and ask my 6.5 year old to go through the clothes in her 7/8 summer clothes bag and try on the bigger things to see if they fit or if they just look bigger than they are (she's a size 10/12). She pulled out of the bag a dress I hadn't seen since before I met my husband. I think I was 25 or 26 when I last fit it and the reason it was in with her 7/8 summer clothes is because it's a size 7/8!! Amazingly, it fit her, was just a little bit big for her. I couldn't resist the temptation to try it on myself.

Before it was even zipped, I could tell that it had shrank. It barely covered my butt. But the amazing thing is? It still zipped up!! Could not believe it. I can actually see myself getting into size 8 and size 6 clothes (though that's where I think it will end for me, folks).

This is such a wild and amazing journey!!!

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

So awesome! Loving your fire! Remember this moment during your next craving. You're doing this, girl. Dream it, believe it, achieve it.