Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a cheat, sometimes you don't.

I went into this day thinking, "OK - I know it's gonna be hard...girls have a birthday party next door, where there will be pretzel bites and veggies and dip and pizza and ...." need I go on? Oh, and did I mention that hubby was taking off for a gig at 3 pm, leaving me with the three of them? But, I was determined to face it down and handle it. Get through it, clean.

Well, I didn't. But I didn't binge myself into oblivion and I didn't beat myself up about it, either. When I fell off the wagon I said to myself, "Well, guess this will have to be a cheat." And then went on about my business. Texted Tony to let him know, texted Melissa, who is my accountability buddy, and moved on.

Tonight, I will put together my food plan for the week. Tomorrow, I will get up and run 6 miles. This is not a race, it's a journey, and every step counts.

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

Yep. Dust yourself off. Move forward. We'll do it.