Thursday, January 8, 2009

Follow up to my "Back on Track" post from Tuesday

For those of you who know me, I am a big believer in the Laws of Attraction. We recently had a situation that I posted about that tested my faith in this Law. For those of you who missed it, here's a quote from that post:

"I had a challenging situation today when our insurance company informed us that they would not be covering Devon's oral surgery from last November and the total charges were close to $16,000. I will not freak out, and I ask that all who read this send positive, miracle-generating vibes into the Universe that this will be resolved in a miraculous way. The oral surgeon certainly never told us it could be anything close to that amount, so my hope is that they will be reasonable and charge us a reasonable amount for his work. I know my faith is strong and I have so much belief in the miraculous, positive, abundant workings of the Universe."

First, thank you to those who did send the positive, miracle-generating vibes into the Universe that this would be resolved in a miraculous way.

It was.

Yesterday morning, I got a call from the dentist's office. It went like this.

"Oh, sweetie," the young lady from the office said, with concern and compassion in her voice. "I got your message last night and my heart just went out to you." My voice was shaking even as I answered her.

"Yes, we're pretty freaked out," I stammered. "What are we going to do?"

"You don't have to do anything," she said, reassuringly. "We are going to take care of it, like we said we would."

"But Aetna said it was going to cost $15,000," I weeped.

"Yes, and we knew they most likely would not cover any of it, but we submitted to them, anyway, on the off chance they would cover something. And we also knew we could count on your copay ($250). It must have really scared you to get that letter. Unfortunately that is sort of standard for that to get sent out, but I assure you, we were prepared to take whatever we got from them..."

"...even if that's nothing?" I couldn't help but interrupt.

"Yes, even if that's nothing. You are totally fine. You are good. Everything is taken care of."

A miracle. And when I got off the phone, I burst into tears, not just from relief at this particular situation being resolved, but because the situation affirmed what I wanted so much to believe: that the Law of Attraction is real. I have so many things I intend to have happen this year:

  1. My first novel published to be met with huge critical acclaim and financial success, including getting picked up by NBC and made into an emmy-winning TV series.
  2. My talk show, Beyond the Stuff, getting nationally syndicated and leading to huge success through merchandising, workshops, public appearances and book deals.
  3. My gospel demo inciting a bidding war from record companies.
  4. My consulting company taking in more than a half million dollars in revenue, all from staffed projects that require nothing more than my high-level oversight.

And if the Law of Attraction is real, then these things are already taken care of. I have released into the Universe the what, and the How and When are not my concern.

Thanks again to all of you who got behind the miracle of the Law of Attraction around the dental bill. I am so truly, truly blessed and thank God for every one of you.

Blessings,

Liimu

No comments: