Monday, July 23, 2012

The INSANITY continues...


Ever had one of those days where nothing goes the way you've planned? Hmph - that was my Sunday. My Achilles was still hurting from last weekend's mud run. Add to that the fact that I was standing in line for five hours waiting to audition for the Voice. By Sunday, my Achilles was swollen and sore. My trainer (and everyone on the Internet) recommended I rest, but I tried to go out for my run, anyway. The day was beautiful, it wasa nice 78 degrees, sunny and clear.  Stlll, the Achilles didn't care how beautiful the day was. Running was not in the cards for me.

Instead, I thought I would take the girls to Sesame Place. At least then I'd get a lot of walking in. Twenty minutes into the ride, the road felt like it was opening up, and I smelled smoke. My tire had blown! What little shoulder there was was blocked with cones. Somehow, I made it to the shoulder safely and by God's grace was followed into the shoulder by a Turnpike official who helped us get towed to a Pep Boys nearby. By the time we got the tire fixed, it was nearly 5 pm. Too late to even bother.

Today was a new day. I'm happy to report that I did the week 2 Fit Test and improved on all seven of the exercises. It was a really good workout, and I"m glad I did it. Tomorrow, I'm trying for a double. Maybe even a little running. :)
I'll check in then.

No comments: