Tuesday, July 17, 2012

INSANITY Day 9...seeing progress!

The scale is moving, for sure. I have lost about another pound this week, I think, for a total of 5 pounds in two weeks. That's not the most exciting part, though. I can see myself getting stronger.

Last week on Tuesday, my plan was to do INSANITY in the morning and then run 3 miles later in the day (I am training for a half marathon at the end of August). I was so exhausted that I couldn't get the run in. I was disappointed, but decided not to be too hard on myself. My focus during this process is on my progress over the next 60 days. There's no way I'm going to be able to do everything 100% from the start.

This week, I had my mud run on Sunday and wasn't sure I was going to be able to do INSANITY at all the next day. I did it, though I had to take most of the hopping out because my ankle was so sore. Today, just a day later, I kicked A** on INSANITY Pure Cardio (dripping sweat, but I barely had to stop at all for extra breaks - less even than the people on the video, though I wasn't jumping anywhere near as high as they were). What's more, I was able to go to the gym and RUN THREE ADDITIONAL MILES in just under 40 minutes. YEAH, baby. That's how you dig deep. I might actually have a shot at one of these Beachbody challenges!

I'm going to post pictures in a couple weeks. Can't wait to share them! My size 16 shorts are loose, so I know changes are happening...until tomorrow!

No comments: