Saturday, April 13, 2019

What if I can’t do it? What if I start out all gung ho like I always do, and then I start to make excuses, start to waiver in my commitment?
Here’s the thing about me. When I make a commitment to something or someone, I mean, a REAL commitment, like, “No bullshit, I’m telling you I’m doing this, I’m giving you my word,” I’m pretty fiercely unshakable about it. The question I’m asking is, how do I get myself to make that level of commitment. That on-a-one-to-ten-level-25 type of commitment?
First thing is, I know I need to have daily accountability, including weekly calls, with you guys and with my trainer and team. I need to have a very clear plan of what I’m going to be doing and check in with Tony daily and weekly to let him know that I murdered my goals. Like here’s an example:
Week 1 probably won’t be as insane as far as workouts as they will become, but I’m sure I’ll have weight lifting workouts at least 4-5 times a week, maybe even 6. (He usually gives me a day or two of straight cardio.) Tony also likes me to add an additional 45 minutes of cardio at least 2-3 times a week on top of that. I’ll be playing tennis on Mondays, doing Rise ‘N Rave boxing and SoulCycle for sure, so I should definitely be doing way more cardio than Tony needs me to do, plus I’m going to add my marathon training to my weight training workouts so there will be extra cardio happening all over the place. It’s going to feel so good. I just want to stay strong and injury-free. I’m hopeful the anti-inflammatory diet will help with that, too. Certainly, getting the extra weight off will help!
Food will be anti-inflammatory and low carb. I’ll be eliminating gluten and dairy as soon as I get home, like the next day, and will be going into full on beast mode the Monday after I get back. Starting Friday, the 26th of April, I’ll be doing a 10-day cleanse which I know Tony is going to LOVE. That cleanse ends on the third day of what I know is going to be an amazing three-day spiritual retreat. I’m going to be locked in and feeling amazing. And hopefully, I’ll be down at least 10 pounds from my post-Italy weight.
Every day, I’ll post here at least once (on days where I may be struggling, probably more often than that) and I’ll let you guys know how my food and workouts are going, and where my head is at. I’ll also be posting on Instagram and occasionally vlogging about my journey on YouTube. This is going to be a total commitment, a total transformation. There is NO way I can do anything but succeed. This is my time and I am all in.
I am so excited. I’m going to be home in two days and I will take starting weight, starting pics and starting measurements the morning after I get back, and then again on Sunday the 21st, which will be sort of a truncated week 1. (I don’t want to make the same mistake I did in January, where I don’t get a true picture of how much weight I lost from day 1.)
This is going to work. I’m going to be a solid size 14 by the time we go to Ocean City and Martha’s Vineyard in mid-July, a solid size 12 by Halloween and the ½ marathon. I will be running a 12-minute mile and will be READY for it this time. I might not finish in 2.5 hours, but I will definitely be running the entire thing this time. I’m going to give it EVERYTHING I have.  


No comments: