Monday, November 23, 2009

Doing great!

So, I did slip up on Friday night, BUT I told Tony about it and he just had me do an extra hour of cardio Saturday morning. Saturday night I had my showcase, and it was OFF THE CHAIN! The place was packed and the energy was unbelievable. We had such a fantastic time, and I got a standing ovation at the end!!! Totally wonderful!

Then, after just four hours of sleep, I went ahead and kept my commitment of running the half marathon. Every year, I run a 10-mile run in the Spring (the Broad Street Run) and a half-marathon in the Fall. I ran the half marathon in 2:32:39. A couple minutes slower than last year, but not bad, considering I was so sleep-deprived!

My girls are home for Thanksgiving and we have lots of cool stuff planned. We went to see Planet 51 today, which was cute. I checked in with Tony and got permission for microwave popcorn. SO proud of myself for doing the movies the "right" way.

I really feel like I'm on to something. Even Thanksgiving isn't looming off in the distance in a scary way this year. I will bring some healthy side dishes - a big salad, some soup maybe - and some authorized desserts from Whole Foods. And then Friday, up and at 'em.

I love being healthy. I really, really do!

Take care, everyone. Hope you're enjoying your holiday week!

No comments: