Saturday, November 29, 2008

If I can see it, I can BE it.

OK - so it took me an extra day to get back on the wagon, but dammit, I'm ON IT. No way in HELL am I letting myself fall off now, not when I'm so friggin' close to uncharted territory. I was 158 on my wedding day. I'm only a little over 10 pounds away from that. Once I get under 158, it's a whole new ball game and I'm ready to PLAY.

I sent my first draft of the novel I wrote over to a publisher to be edited. I'm freaked out a bit, because this is a dream I have wanted ever since I was a little girl and off and on since then. I really, really, REALLY want to be a writer for a living and it shocks me that here I am, at this crossroads, ready to throw my hat in the ring. Then, I read Tea's Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It blog where she talks about how important it is to see your vision and where she has her ticker counting down the nearly 125 pounds she's lost to date. It's mindblowing and clearly the Universe's way of reminding me that if I can see it, I can be it.

Oh, I can see it. I can see my book settling at #1 on the NY Times Bestseller List, getting optioned into a movie and then a TV series. I can see my nonfiction book developing a huge underground following. I can see being a key player on the motivational speaking circuit. I can SEE IT. I'm ready to be it.

4 comments:

Tearose said...

Liimu!!!! Thats awesome!! congratulations!!! You give me goosebumps! When your book gets published I am going to run out and get it!! Maybe you can sign it for me? So happy for you girl! :D

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I just recently found your blog and I am loving it. I love following your journey. I was one of the bfl mommies. Gina

Tina said...

WOW, that's awesome!! Congrats on the newsletter :) and reaching some fantastic milestones!! You are on Fire!!! Love it!

Kathryn said...

Liimu,
I'm still getting caught up on your blog. Wow so much has happened these past few years. I'm getting psyched to get back into healthy mode. I have practically stopped excercising (me, the one who did triathlons!) and was actually at my heaviest when I got married in June (can you imagine?!?!)! We have very similar interests and habits, so I'm excited to get back online and find the support and inspiration I need. Go you!! Make sure you do a book tour/signing in Charlotte, NC!