Sunday, August 31, 2008

What's the rush??

Last night, I had a powerful thought as I was going to sleep.

Why do I always feel a sense of urgency when I begin to eat right, exercise and lose weight?

Where am I rushing off to? Time will continue to pass, regardless, the only other option is to go back to old unhealthy ways and gain weight, which is no longer an option is for me. So, what difference does it make if it takes 12 weeks or 12 months? I will begin to feel better each day, because my state of mind is connected to how I treat my body and not how it looks.

I could be at my goal weight and completely crazy in the head, feeling fat and ugly, if I was in a mindset of self-abuse and compulsive overeating. Likewise, I feel beautiful and strong right now, with 40 pounds left to lose, because I'm treating my body right.

Today is my rest day, but my sister-in-law is in town and we have a tradition of going for a 6-mile walk/jog along the Valley Green trail I told you about before. I checked in with Tony and he gave me the green light.

191 this morning, and still going strong. I actually had decaf last night after dinner and nothing more to eat after meal 6. Wasn't sure I could do it, but I did it.

I'll post again soon.

Take care,

Liimu

No comments: