Saturday, August 30, 2008

Down FIVE pounds already!!!

I can't believe it. I hopped on the scale this morning and was THRILLED to see 190.5!! I started this whole journey at 195.6, so that is a full FIVE POUNDS down the first week! I just have to stay the course.

Today was a difficult day, I'm not even going to lie. I woke up STARVING (and pretty much have stayed that way all day). I ate M1 at 6:30 am (egg whites w/veggies and oatmeal w/flax), then meal 2 at 10 am after a 3 mile run (whey protein w/glutamine – I added about five strawberries because I was really pooped and still had my workout to do), then worked out (an hour and a HALF – what up? I was DYING), then had the myoplex shake (M3) at about 12:45 pm. I was starving all day today! I ended up reheating the rest of the egg whites and veggies at about 2 pm (M4), but was hungry again an hour later. I just had a salad with grilled chicken and lite dressing (a little bit of shredded carrots and cabbage in the salad), and am nervous because by my count, that’s already meal 5 and it’s not even 4 pm!!!

The good news is that I'm still pushing myself, pushing myself, pushing myself. I ran three miles this morning (my girl that I run with was going close to a 6.0 mph pace - I had to walk twice), and then at the gym, I did a 3.5 mph warm up for 10 min, then did 2 sets of abs, then did 7 min on the elliptical at level 15, 115 strides/min, then a couple more sets of abs, then 5 min on the stepper at 35, then a couple more sets of abs, then did a full 20 min BFL cardio - 3.5, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, because Tony had me doing a final 20 min of treadmill to complete the workout. I got on the gym floor at 10:30 and it was 12 on the dot when I finished. And I was DRENCHED.

No wonder I'm losing weight at this pace. I can SEE it. I can see my body changing and I can see my perspective about my body and my own beauty changing. When I look in the mirror, I already like what I see. Imagine how much I'm going to like it in a couple months, when I'm actually in a size I'm happy with, when I can wear little shirts that hang perfectly over my flat abs.

LIFE IS GOOD. And I am feeling this, y'all!!!

I still don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of this day with only one more meal, but oh, well...

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

Hey -- Tony always told me that, if I was hungry, to load up on veggies until I was stuffed AND to drink a shake! If I couldn't make it the 2 hours until the next meal, drink a shake! If I was still hungry after M6, drink a shake! Don't ever go hungry.

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!