Friday, December 11, 2009

What am I waiting for??

Why has it been almost a week since my last confession? I mean, er...since I last posted??

I've been doing really well. Really, really well. I cannot believe how well I've been doing, considering we are in the thick of what my friend Peg calls "The Trifecta" (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years). My critical period has actually usually started on Halloween, so I consider myself more than halfway through it.

Tony has been really supportive, and I think maybe equally helpful has been my accountability partner, Jacquie. If she had a blog, I'd link to it (calling you out, girl...), but really...it has made a huge difference having someone who's basically at the same point in the journey checking in on a regular basis, calling me out when I'm bullshi**ing myself into having something I know I'm not supposed to be having, cheering me on as the scale moves in the right direction, etc., etc.

Funny thing happened the other day that I wanted to share with you guys. I was with a friend trying on clothes and this one particular suit fit kind of tight, but still looked good. I told her I was okay with it, since I knew I'd be smaller soon (I already am finding my size 10s loose where a couple weeks ago I couldn't even fit them). She just laughed and said, "Yeah, that's what we all say." I didn't say anything, but what I was thinking is, "That maybe what we all say, but it's what I actually do."

What I'm curious about is why do we do that to each other? Why do we second guess the positive affirmations of others? Why do we slap our own fears and insecurities on other people who dare to dream? I don't know...but what I do know is that I am going to continue to dream and dream BIG, and I'm not going to let anyone plant the seed of doubt in my head as to whether or not my dreams will come true.

Because you see...they already are.

What are your dreams? And who are your dreamkillers? Step carefully around them...love them from afar...and keep your dreams safe and in tact. If you believe them, and take steps to achieve them, before too long they'll have come true.

1 comment:

Miss Rachel said...

Good job Liimu. Loose size 10s - wow!

Last Sunday, during the 5K race I did, as I struggled up a long hill, this woman from my running group told me "It's a hill; it's OK to walk." My goal was to run the whole race, and she knew this. I didn't listen to her, and kept running, even though I was slow. Why did she say that? I don't know why. She ended up finishing before me, even though she took walk breaks. Even though my time was slower than her, I held onto my dream to run, and did it. :-)