Sunday, April 17, 2011

Planning for a Beautiful Trip

OK, I'm typing one-handed in the dark so please forgive my mistakes. I just had to log on to check in on how I'm doing. We made it safely to Myrtle Beach, despite the tornados that touched down yesterday wreaking serious damage across the region. On the way down, I felt like I was a bit of a tornado myself, wreaking havoc on my recent weight loss success with a torrent of sugary treats. However, the good news is that I achieved my 25 lb goal on target prior to our first vacation with baby Max. The bad news is that I feel like I ate enough on the 10 hour car ride down to gain it all bsck, but I'm sure I didn't and I know I just have to rein it in. I need to make healthy choices and have healthy food around, otherwise, even if I do get a little bit of exercise in, I'm likely to end up looking and feeling really crappy.

So, I needed to come here and confess and regroup. Because I want to enjoy this trip, and I know if I'm in a sugar coma the entire time I won't enjoy it all. Tomorrow, we will get to the grocery store and I will buy lots of yummy fruit and healthy treats.

This place is gorgeous, if you've never been. It's called the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, SC. We have a beautiful 3-bedroom villa with stunning views of the marina and plenty of room for our entire family. I feel blessed and optimistic about what a great vacation this is going to be. I want to feel healthy and beautiful, despite the fact that I am only one third of the way through my current weight loss journey back to pre-pregnant me.

Last night, as we were settling in, my 8 year old daughter and I were taking a moment to watch the sunset off the rear balcony and I suddenly felt compelled to ask her for some reassurance. I asked her if she still thought I was beautiful even though I have all this weight to lose from having the baby. She said, "Of course. You're really, really pretty." In recounting this to my husband, he seemed surprised to hear that I don't see myself in a positive way right now, that I don't feel beautiful. Apparently, the only person who doesn't see my beauty is me. I know if I treat myself well and speak well about myself, I can join the ranks of those who see me as beautiful. That's the plan, anyway. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts!

No comments: