Thursday, September 3, 2009

Disney World Update

Ah, Disney. The happiest place on Earth...probably because of all the sugar and fried foods. I haven't even been eating it (well, not all that much of it) and yet every morning I feel like I'm waking up post-carb overload.

I've worked out twice since I've been here. Not the daily schedule I'd envisioned for myself, but better than nothing. And the days I haven't worked out it's because I've been at the parks all day, walking for literally 5-6 hours. I'm hopeful that this will offset the occasional missteps I've had since I've been here.

My clothes still fit, my skin is still reasonably clear, thank goodness, but I swear, I feel like my nerve endings are completely raw. Yesterday, hubby and I got into an argument about NOTHING that left me in tears. My eldest daughter was still upset at seeing me cry when she woke up this morning. And this morning, I was getting on my OWN nerves with my nasty attitude. I know it's partly from being in close quarters for an entire week, partly from being off my regular routine, partly from the lack of water and additional carbs, and partly from not having been to a meeting in a week and a half. I'm not sure if I will be able to get to one before I get home, either, which STINKS.

One nice thing I realized, though, is that I do have a pretty fantastic, vacation-like lifestyle at home. In fact, the only thing that feels special about being on vacation is the fact that people aren't calling me around the clock. It is making me think maybe I should unplug more at home; then I would feel like I am on vacation ALL the time!

Okay, we're off to Animal Kingdom today, and then DH and I are having a romantic dinner at Epcot in France, sans children.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here and still fighting the good fight. :)

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

Remember your goals and you'll be able to avoid that fried stuff. BUT!! Enjoy Bistro de Paris! SOOOOOO envious!! :-)