Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm in ITALY!!!

OMG, it is so beautiful here and we are having SO much fun. I am determined to keep my eating in check and just focus on the beauty of this amazing country, though I have to admit that today was wonkalicious. (By that I mean wonky, but in a good way, because I just went with the flow.) We were in transit FOREVER because the flight was delayed three hours and then the baggage handlers in Italy decided to go on STRIKE, but we finally made it here by 6 pm. Suffice it to say, I had no calories until 6 pm and then had a huge dinner. I am proud of myself, though, because I have been having vegetables and I also had 1/3 of my dessert with dinner (my favorite dessert, I might add) and gave the rest to hubby.

I'm hopeful I have the energy to get up and run the streets of Venice. (Not the canals, mind you - steering clear of those.) I don't actually see anyone else running, so I'm a little worried they will look at me like I have three heads, but I'm going to give it a try, anyway. There is a fitness center, too. If I'm really shy, maybe I'll just give that a go. We have to make sure to get lots of spring water, because that's actually where I find myself struggling the most.

But this is really a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. My mom was gracious enough to take the kids, so hubby and I are truly on our own, enjoying this amazing experience together. (He's crashed out in the room right now, and I'm just trying to hold on long enough to call the girls.) Tomorrow, we will take a walking tour of Venice and go on a gondola ride. Romantic, yes!!! (I'd better not come back preggo. BWAHAHA!) Note from Me, 4.5 months later and 4 months pregnant: "Ha, bloody ha."

Anyway, hope you're all doing well. Talk to you soon!

No comments: