Sunday, May 2, 2010

I DID IT!!!

I did it - another year, another successful Broad Street ten-mile run!! I was about 3 minutes slower than last year, thanks to the extra poundage I'm carrying (and the fact that it was 80 degrees at the race START). Here's a pic of me and my girls right before the race started:

Everyone I ran with was faster than me, but that just makes my competitive spirit kick in. I am DETERMINED to lose the last of this weight, keep training with people faster than me and truly get my 10-minute pace when we run the half-marathon in September. I'm going to register for it today and go online to find my favorite sneakers. I haven't gotten a new pair since before the 2009 Broad Street Run, so needless to say my dogs were BARKING during today's run.

I'm doing so super great, and was happy to see that I was down a pound this morning despite the fact that it's the weekend. Today is going well so far. I thoroughly enjoyed my post-run meal (thanks, in part, to the fact that my Scavenger of a three-year old was down for a nap when we got home, thank you dear Erica the Sitter).

Relaxing now, enjoying some time on the computer with the girls. When the baby gets up, I will join them for a hot bath and wash and braid their hair. Not my favorite part of the week, but eh, what are you gonna do? Oop, she's up and the 6-year old is complaining about a weird bug on her leg. Gotta run! (Pun intended.)

No comments: