Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another day, another ten miles...

So, I have to say, I'm surprised there wasn't more backlash from yesterday's post on counting calories. Either that means you all agree with me, or no one reads me. :) Either way, I'm a believer. Down 2 pounds this week and feeling stronger and leaner than ever.

Tomorrow is my annual ten-mile run, the Philadelphia Broad Street Run. I'm running with my hubby for the first time and also encouraged by recent training runs that suggest I might actually beat last year's pace of 10:45 min per mile. One thing that has always been a bit of a challenge for me, as most of you distance runners know, is the insatiable hunger that comes with a run longer than 6 miles. So tonight, I have developed a 1700 calories food plan for tomorrow that allows for a satisfying pre-run meal and a generous post-run breakfast.

I'll keep you guys posted, but I think I will actually reach my goal of 165 before we go to Italy, and under 160 by the first day of Summer. We go to a beach house for the last two weeks of summer, and I fully intend to be at goal (150) by the time we get there. I know, I know...I've said that before. But this time, I have a plan of how to get there and it seems to be working!!

No comments: