Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Loving this time of the month...

Yeah, RIGHT. I was crowing to a friend of mine yesterday about how proud I was that I had a kick a** workout, despite the nasty PMS attitude I was wearing around me like a comfy old sweater. She said, "Poor baby, a week of PMS and then a week of no sex. It's just not fair for us women." When she put it like that, it made me realize that it's probably way LESS fair for my poor husband who has to endure my nasty attitude (and not just nasty, but completely unpredictable and perhaps borderline psychotic, I vacillate so severely between bit**y and apologetic). And then he is the one who has to wait two weeks for lovin' (cause I ain't even in the mood when I'm PMSing and honestly, he's not particularly feeling my crazy a**, either).

Anyway, add to that the fact that I, like so many others, loosened the reins over Valentine's Day and there's at least a reason why I'm puffy and bloated and carrying around an extra 3-4 pounds than I was a couple weeks ago.

But I'm still here, and I'm still not only getting my workouts in, I'm KILLIN' at the gym. I'm drinking all my water and I'm eating clean. I'm also getting good work done and staying in a pretty positive, yet practical mindset about this slow season I'm in. January and February generally just SUCK in my line of work because no one really knows what they have as far as budget and even if they do, they don't want to spend it unless they have to. By May or June, when projects are really looking like they won't get done with internal resources, that's when they decide, okay, we have to. Bring in the cavalry. That's me. The cavalry. :)


Still plugging away getting ready for the show on the 27th. I love my band, and we're going to have SO much fun, no matter what may come of it and no matter who shows up. If you're in the Philly area that weekend, come on through! Fluid Nightclub, 616 S. 4th Street, from 6 to 9 pm. Hope to see you there!

In the meantime, they're calling for another foot of snow on Monday. I just had to steal this from Tea's blog.

No comments: