Thursday, May 17, 2012

Down 8 pounds in just 9 days. Amazing.

So, I am finally seeing big changes - 8 pounds in just nine days. I started kickboxing on May 8 and started Shakeology a couple days later. Thanks to my crazy workout schedule and Shakeology for dinner just about every night, I am free of cravings and eating better than I ever have. For example, here's my intake today (I am way hungrier on kickboxing days):

- Breakfast: fried egg, pumpernickel bread, whipped cream cheese
- Midday: Shrimp bao from Trader's, edamame crackers, homemade oatmeal cookie
- Lunch: Salad with guacamole, salsa, light ranch dressing and chicken
- Dinner: Shakeology with 1 T peanut butter and 1/2 banana, 2 coconut date rolls
- Snack: Arctic Zero

Less than 1500 calories and I burned almost that amount between the kickboxing and the 3.5 mile walk/run later with my 9-year old. The most amazing part is that I don't feel like I'm punishing or depriving myself, which is why I stopped Dreambodies last summer. I feel energized, and proud of myself. Most of all, I feel optimistic - I am going to get there this time!

No comments: