Friday, June 1, 2012

Just eat a meal already...

My day started off great, but way too early. I have been in a TRX challenge at my gym that has me getting to the gym at 5:50 AM every Tuesday and Friday. This is about 3 times earlier than I usually workout. I'm up for it - three more weeks, so I'm gonna have to be. (Or is it four?)

Anywho...if I didn't believe how important sleep is to the weight loss journey, I believe it now. Not only does it dull the intensity of your workout, it also makes you more susceptible to making poor food choices. Case in point - after a fairly healthy breakfast, I proceeded to have chocolate for lunch. I came home from an afternoon meeting STARVING (oh wait - maybe I had a healthy salad at lunch...good veggies but more calories than I thought I had today) and then had protein pancakes followed by pretzel nuggets for dinner.

In the end, it's more important to have healthy meals, even if you have more calories, than to eat crappy snacks all day. The good news is I was able to stop eating after the pretzel nuggets and keep a handle on things. In years past, I would have just said "screw it..." and ended up eating thousands of calories over my goal and gaining back some of the pounds I worked so hard to lose. Not this time. I'm staying the course and I will have the beautiful, fit, toned size 8 body of my dreams.

No comments: