Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My check in for today...

So first of all, thanks to everyone who commented on my progress pics. I also got rave reviews from Tony, which really boosted my confidence.

A couple things to report on today. First of all, I am completely humbled by the havoc that my hormones wreak on a monthly basis on so many levels. My weight goes up by at LEAST five pounds, and I don't mean just for a day or two, I mean for weeks. I'm also slightly INSANE. Like, this month I was ready to move out and start a life over on my own, just me and my kids. It's important to note that my poor husband was so incredibly clueless in the whole thing that when I finally talked to him about what was going on, he was like a deer in the headlights, truly no clue why I was upset. No clue because there was no reason. I won't even get started on the low-energy workouts, crazy cravings, etc. etc. Suffice it to say, my hormones f*** me UP every single month. The good news is, I'm through the worst of it and back on my game. I'm looking forward to a KILLER weigh in tomorrow, and this is following three days of Tony boot camp eating and killer workouts (with extra cardio - 4 mile run on Monday, 3 mile run today).

The other thing that's been going on with me is that I have been bouncing back and forth between two conflicting interests. My primary means of income has been training consulting for the past 12 years. I left a cushy corporate job over a year ago to start my own consulting firm. I had an insanely successful year last year, and then - thanks to this wonderful economic situation we're facing - as of the first of February this year, everything dried up to a shriveling dustball. No work. Nothing. Nada. Ever the optimist, I decided to make the best of the situation and start pursuing other avenues - singing, acting, writing. Those things have been going pretty well, but none of them have been generating any income. So, I'm left hanging on this constant swinging pendulum between pursuing my creative interests with faith that they will pan out into something lucrative and sustainable, and pursuing consulting work, which I know to be lucrative and sustainable, even though it's not even close to being a personal passion. If you would and are so inclined, say prayers that I'll get clear guidance as to which of these two ends of the spectrum I should stay focused on. Today was a really good writing day. I wrote over 2,000 words! I really liked what I wrote. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, that's where I am. Trying to stay positive, focused, and full of faith. Thanks for reading!

Love, Liimu

No comments: